Living far from home is difficult. As a rule when somebody moves away from home for studies, leasing a level appears like a major task, that is when individuals locate a good safe house as hostels. Hostlers life in India is just alongside Army life, as far as living. Everyone is on their own yet everyone is somehow dependent on each other. If you have seen 3 Idiots movie you must have a fair idea of how hostel life looks like (Yes! *close enough*), if you have lived in hostels then you know exactly what we are talking about. Here are some reasons why hostel life prepares you for the real world and sets you up for this present reality.
1. You don’t need to be in the Cricket/Football Stadium to feel the heat of the match. You know how to create your own stadium.
2. You know where to find things. People swear by your management skills.
3. There are empty liquor bottles full of stories, everywhere!
4. Eating in the Hostel mess has made you immune to any kind of food. You learn to digest pretty much everything.
5. Any Big celebration is incomplete without GPL.
6. You know more than one way to save Money.
7. You learn to welcome everyone. Every single friend of yours have stayed in your hostel room at least once.
8. You know how to save petrol. One bike is an easy ride for three.
9. You know the value of Little-Joys-Of-Life
10. You don’t need to shop all day to release your stress. Chai-Sutta is the ultimate stress-buster for you.
11. No one understands the value of 3 Am Maggi better than you.
12. You have nick names for everyone. From Hostel warden to the watchman.
13. You know how to make the most of what you’ve got!
14. Team work is never a problem. 1+1 = 11
15. By the time you leave you know you are ready to enter the Big Bad World!
Hostel life is not only full of fun, it also teaches you some important lessons of life. 3 Cheers to the Hostel Life!