Ratan Tata– A visionary, leader, and entrepreneur par excellence. Known for his business acumen, leadership qualities, and philanthropic nature, Tata is one of the few business leaders who are ideal role models. He is one of the very few who integrate inner values and outer actions and is responsible, authentic, and integral.
Ratan Tata headed the huge conglomerate of Tata Group from 1991-2012 succeeding J.R.D. Tata. He stepped down in 2012 to become the chairman of Tata Trusts.
Ratan Tata is known to take the business of the Tatas to a higher scale with his strategies and entrepreneurial acumen. Ratan Tata is also a recipient of the two highest civilian awards in India- Padma Bhushan (2000) and Padma Vibhushan (2008).
82 years old Ratan Naval Tata is also known for his philanthropic contributions which include numerous scholarships for students, academies for sports, charities for underprivileged children, and many more.
Mr. Tata has shown on several occasions that he is still living a dignified life without relying on his principles and one focused on empathy and goodwill.
Recently, Ratan Tata has been active on Instagram and share posts about entrepreneurs, business, leadership, and many more. He joined Instagram in 2019 and has more than 3 million followers. He announced on 5th September on Instagram that he will be doing a question and answer. After which he received a lot of them and answered a few candidly.
Also Read: Success story of Richa Kar – Zivame Founder
Here are the Question & Answers by industrialist Ratan Tata:-
- What is your dream project? Please elaborate on the topic.
Attacking malnutrition in infants across India.
- How to compete when others are not playing fair?
You can still compete effectively if you are fair to all your stakeholders
- Are you happy with the global situation?
I wish the leadership in various countries were more united than they are today.
- What areas should be focus for charities in India or that is the most important and requires focus?
An understanding of human difficulties and compassion.
- If you wouldn’t have headed the Tata Group, what would you be doing?
Probably trying to be a successful architect.
- What bond do you share with your dogs?
A bond that expects nothing from the other expects love and affection.
- Hello Mr. TATA, You do YOGA?
Yes, Every Evening.
- Is it okay to settle for less when you dreamt for more and somehow couldn’t achieve it?
Yes as long as you can be truly content with less.
- Where do you get your love for animals from Sir?
I have had it all my life.
- What would you be like to be remembered for, ultimately?
For making a difference perhaps.
- I don’t have anything to ask! Just wanted to say that you are a wonderful person. Much love.
Thank You for your kind words.
This was not just an Instagram Q&A session. These are pearls of wisdom by a man who has infinite knowledge. From candidly revealing that he would have been designing homes like an architect to throwing wisdom bytes, this question and answer session by Ratan Tata is a must-read for any entrepreneur.
Ratan Tata has time and again showed that the most important quality any entrepreneur has is empathy and compassion. A visionary like him are an asset to our society and we should keep learning from gems like him.